HG74: How to Audit RACF
- Currently available for in-house sessions
Please click: Here for Registration Form
For more information on seminar dates, locations, and hotels, and how to register, please click here:
Schedule/Registration/Locations/Hotels for IS Audit Training
This class shows you how to audit RACF (Resource Access Control Facility), the most widely used information securitysoftware for IBM mainframe computers. (RACF is part of IBM's Secureway Security Server line of products.)
You will learn in clear, simple terms how RACF provides information security for MVS, OS/390, and z/OS, including security for CICS, USS (UNIX under MVS), TCP/IP, and the Websphere Internet Server. The class provides a structured approach to auditing any RACF implementation quickly, easily, and effectively.
HG74: You Will Learn:
- What RACF is and How to Audit it
- How RACF Relates to Other System Software
- Where the control points are and how to evaluate them
- The Two Key Printouts to Evaluate a RACF Implementation
- What data to collect and how to interpret it
- How to conduct the audit, from planning and scoping through follow-up
- What all the related buzzwords and acronyms mean
- How to conduct the audit rapidly and efficiently, with maximum benefit to your organization
The workbook is a valuable reference, and includes a complete audit program.
Who Should Attend HG74?
- Information Techology auditors who will be the RACF security software
- Financial auditors who want to learn more about IT auditing
Table of Contents and Class Outline: HG74: How to Audit RACF I Concepts and Keywords A. Introduction A Working Example Audit Rules B. How Information Security Works -- Two Aspects C. How RACF Security Works -- the Details D. The Two-by-five Audit Approach: E. The Big 5 Questions F. Data Sources and Tools G. Control Objectives H. The Audit Program II. Action Plan Scoping, Planning and Basic Data Gathering The Five-Step Audit Program A. Access to the System B. Access to Data C. Access to Resources D. Authority to Change Rules E. Separation of Authority Wrap-up, Working Papers, and Follow-Up III Forms and Reference A. Basic Security Model B. Forms to Summarize RACF Implementation C. Audit Plan D. Model Documents E. RACF Fundamentals F. SMF Data and the RACFRW G. RACF Database Unload Utility Guide H. RACF Audit Checklist I. SETR LIST Guide J. DSMON Guide INDEX
Please note that these seminars are available for In-House Sessions.
You can save more money by learning about our seminar Discounts
Return to Top of Page Return to Home Page